41 members and 3 visitors were welcomed to the first meeting of the year.
- Copies of the voting slips for the Resolution voting were handed out for members to fill in and hand back to the secretary.
- Village Markets will resume on the second Saturday of the month starting on 9th February. Stalls cost £3 each and support is welcome.
- The Christmas Lunch at the Bell in Eckington was very good. The Christmas donations of wool to our Knit and Natter Group were gratefully received.
- The table for unwanted Christmas gifts went well with a varied selection and buyers and donations received will go to ACWW.
- The proposed trip to see Joseph and his Dreamcoat in Cardiff on 15th May has been well received and members are signing up fast.
- The first round of the County Quiz is on Wednesday 20th March at Toddington Village Hall.
- The NFWI AGM in Bournemouth is on 5th June and members are invited to attend.
- The Annual Council Meeting is on 27th March in Cheltenham Town Hall.
- Denman 2019 Events, Rules for the Painting and Photography Competitions at the Centenary Exhibition in Gloucester Cathedral are available for info
- Information on the Training day for WI Committee Officers in April also available. Post of Secretary will be available next year.
- The details of the GFWI Annual Council Meeting are available to view and members could sign up for an interesting day.
- Denman wished us Happy Holidays and their Calendar is available for £17.50 incl p&p. They have also organised a free day on “Seeing the World more clearly” on 28th March which includes a free eye test, special offers, and a talk by an industry leading eye surgeon.
- ACM on page 3
- 2019 County Skittles Tournament.
- Centenary competitions in painting and photography.
- The GFWI Walk in Woolaston.
- 2020 Gloucestershire calendar photos reflecting “Royal Gloucestershire”
- The Flower Guild have organised a trip to the RHS Flower show at Chatsworth. The cost is £35 which includes transport Names to Jeanette.
The date of the next Meeting is 19th February.